Needless to say, there are many different opinions on what a senior dev is or does.
According to some people on StackExchange a senior developer can:
- handle the entire software development life cycle, end to end
- lead others, or others look to him/her for guidance
- can self manage projects
I think this is a reasonable answer but sure enuogh people added more:
- I would disagree with the second bullet point
- at 22-23 you should not be a senior devloper. (Why exactly?)
- you have had at least one project fail under your leadership
So what are the key things defining a senior dev in your opinion?
Or, if you prefer the via negativa, what is a "junior" missing to be a senior?