Postwoman 👽 - API request builder
Feel free to contribute on GitHub 💚
In case you missed! Story this far: I joined Zartek, which is a start-up based in Kochi, Kerala where I work as a full-stack developer.
Story behind Postwoman: The very first task I was assigned is an API integration of an old project. That's when I came across Postman API testing. Postman has separate builds targeted to each operating systems made with Electron. I use a low-end PC and can't possibly afford to run another Electron app. From that moment onwards, I wanted to make an API testing platform which is:
- Open Sourced 💚
- Runs online
- Have multi-platform support
- Have multi-device support
- Accessible from anywhere
That's how Postwoman was born (this is not at all an alternative to Postman - yet, it does the job very beautifully and minimally. It needs more features and love which I hope we all can give by contributions on GitHub).
When I did a background check on API request builders, Postman offered various Plans & Pricing, there were lot of other API request builders based on CURL etc. But none of them seems simple, minimal and efficient.
Did I mention this service is all free of charge and 100% open source? Yes, It's free and always will be.
The Postwoman API request builder helps you create your requests faster, saving you precious time on your development.
- Send requests to verify your API is ready for launch
- GET, HEAD, POST, PUT, DELETE, OPTIONS, PATCH (more coming soon)
- Authentication support
- Parameters support
- Request body support
- View Response
- Progressive Web App support
- UPDATE: Added History support
- UPDATE: Migrated to Vue Nuxt
- UPDATE: Added web socket support
- UPDATE: Added raw input field for PUT and POST methods
- UPDATE: Added response status color
- UPDATE: Added theme customization with settings storage
- UPDATE: Added option to copy response to clipboard
- UPDATE: Added option to view/copy HTML preview of responses
- (more coming soon)
Features planned for near future for which I need your help:
- ~Code highlight in response body~ UPDATE: Added code highlight on response body
- More methods
- ~History~ UPDATE: Added History support
- HTTP support (currently I don't have money to buy a domain so I hosted on GitHub Pages which is served only on HTTPS - this makes impossible to make non-HTTPS requests from HTTPS hosting 😿)
🎁 Bonus: Postwoman is in dark mode 🌚
Feel free to contribute on GitHub 💚
👽 API request builder - Helps you create your requests faster, saving you precious time on your development https://postwoman.io
When I wrote this, only God and I understood what I was doing. Now, only God knows
API request builder
Start here: Story behind Postwoman
- Faster, lighter, cleaner, minimal & responsive
GET- Retrieve information about the REST API resource
HEAD- Asks for a response identical to that of a GET request, but without the response body.
POST- Create a REST API resource
PUT- Update a REST API resource
DELETE- Delete a REST API resource or related component
OPTIONS- Describe the communication options for the target resource
PATCH- Applies partial modifications to a REST API resource
History entries are synced with local session storage
If you want a heads up on my next projects, or just want to chat about the web, make sure to follow me @liyasthomas 💙. If any of my projects helped you please consider making a small donation on PayPal to help me pay my server bills and rent. Alternatively you can Buy Me a Coffee.
UPDATE: Thanks for all of your support and love. My fellow kind hearted dev friends registered and hosted Postwoman directly from GitHub pages to these domains: