This is indeed an amazing book! I have enjoyed reading every single page!
Many topics such as:
- How Computer Graphics got its beginnings and evolution
- How technology and art can co-exists
- How it is like going from a research team to build a company
- How PIXAR started (and where the name comes from)
- How to handle honesty <> candor! Importance of feedback
- Creating a workspace that inspire for creativity
- Involving your thousands employees into important decisions from the company
- Not loosing the company’s culture even if you were bought (Disney bought it)
- The importance about the tech people “building up” the movie getting involve into the whole process of development of the movie’s “story”
Never lower your quality and excellence! (this was greeatly explained when they faced the challenge to come up with Toy Story 2, for example)
Team work! Really important… build a great team! and people > ideas
“give an idea to a mediocre team, they will destroy it; give any idea to a brilliant team and they will surprise you”
and yeah… overall how to deal with Steve Jobs 🤓
Psss The name “Pixar” comes from a combination of “radar” and “pixer,” a made-up Spanish word.