It was one year ago when I started sketching the ideas for my first blog article. The reason? I had failed my biggest freelance project yet. Knowing that there were things I could've done differently, there was a need to share that knowledge and learnings. That's how my first blog article came to be.
(you can check it out in Dev.to - Freelancing big projects - 9 key takeaways from my failure that you can learn from
Before publishing my first article, I was super scared. Questions like "Do others need to hear about it?" or "What if they start mocking me?" etc went through my head.
Looking back, it was one of the best decisions I've made as a developer. So don't be afraid. The community's really friendly!
Reasons, why you should start blogging as a developer
- You get to reflect on your experiences and learn from them
- A notebook on what you've done, why you've done it - that's what a blog is
- Teaching is the best way to learn technical topics
- It ignites discussion all parties can learn from
- Meet new people and learn from them
- Advances your career as you make yourself visible
- Improves your communication and writing skills
- You get to help others
Oh and...! If you are interested in coding, growth mindset and are willing to share your experiences, ideas, then please do PM me on Twitter :)!