- The TypeScript transpiler has an error-checking feature which helps to highlight errors before the script is run and supports source level debugging.
- IDE support
- Optional type inferencing and static typing
- Ease of coding, compiling and refactoring
- Open source with a robust community (76,000+ questions on StackOverflow)
- Growing industry adoption
As previously mentioned, Github posts an annual “State of the Octoverse” which reports which programming languages are being most used on the website and thus are highly reflective of industry trends based on developers. TypeScript has been listed as the third fastest growing language based on survey respondents in 2018.
- 46% of npm survey respondents reported using TypeScript
- TypeScript at Lyft
- TypeScript at Slack
- Vue 3 is being written in TypeScript
- Babel supports TypeScript
Overview from the creator: https://channel9.msdn.com/posts/Anders-Hejlsberg-Introducing-TypeScript
TypeScript documentation: https://www.typescriptlang.org/docs/home.html
Experiment with Typescript: http://www.typescriptlang.org/Playground/
Quick TypeScript overview: https://learnxinyminutes.com/docs/typescript/