As a former bootcamp graduate I have been attempting to cast a wide net in my job search. In doing so I have compiled a list of resources and tips that I have been utilizing which I hope is helpful for others in a similar position.
- Tech Interview Handbook
- Check out my approach to technical interview post
- Make a portfolio!
- Write clear ReadMe's for projects you want to highlight
- Host your projects for recruiters/hiring managers to view easily! I love using Heroku personally.
- Write a technical blog
- Utilize the Tech Twitter network
- Join/attend local Tech Meetup groups and their slack channels
- Continue to code whether that is in the form of interview prep, personal projects or learning new skills
- Remember to take breaks. Finding a job is a full time job in itself but even then TAKE BREAKS!
- Ask developers you know if they would be willing to do a mock interview or informational interview
- Use your network! Often times you will find people happy to help in any way they can.
Do you have any tips or resources you would like to share?