This weekend I'm going to setup a new Macbook Pro 13' for work. 💻 Here are my current preferences for setting up a MacBook Pro.
- Input sources - English - set to ABC instead of a specific country.
- Key repeat set to the fastest and delayed until repeat to the shortest.
- Shortcuts - Mission Control - overwrite
command + Qto the Do Not Disturb on/off
Desktop & Screen Saver
- Screen Saver - Hot Corner - Set lock screen or sleep
- Point & Click - change the speed to the fastest
Disable Ask Siri
- Remove everything unnecessary application but leave some important like Finder and Trash
- Show recent applications in Dock
- Turn automatically hiding on
Finder - show path bar
- Pointer Control - Trackpad Options - Enable dragging - three-finger drag
- Double click speed to the fastest
- Scrolling speed to the fastest
Security and Privacy
- Allow apps downloaded from App Store and identified developers
- Turn the Firewall on
Cherry-pick some good stuff here you think will suit you.
- Brave browser and set it to default.
I'm using VSCode with Menlo font and following extensions:
- Bracket Pair Colorizer
- Code Spell Checker
- Live Share
I'm using iTerm2 + Zsh + Spaceship theme with following setup:
- syntax highlighting
Thanks for reading my mac setup article. I really hope this could help speed up your process or gave you some ideas for the next macOS setup. 🚀
I am always looking for ways to improve my efficiency, so if you use any tool that you find useful, feel free to comment on this post.🙂