DEV Community


Posted on

Symfony - Webpage drops error after installing API-Platfrom

After I made it to install the API-Platform and create an entity with the maker-bundle and also updated Symfony to version 4.4, I get an error when I open my webpage.

Image of the 500 error message from the webbrowser

And although that I activate the debugging mode, I don't get a proper error message, that's sucks....

In the passt I often getting a more detailed error message when by running:

php bin/console clear:cache

...and yes this time too. The error message said:

In FileLoader.php line 180: 

  There is no builtin action for the collection GET operation. You need to define the controller yourself in . (which is being imported from "<path>\config/routes/api_platform.yaml"). Make sure there is a loader supporting the "api_platform" type.  

In ApiLoader.php line 177:

  There is no builtin action for the collection GET operation. You need to define the controller yourself.  
Enter fullscreen mode Exit fullscreen mode

I don't know where the problem comes from and this time googleing gets also no helpful links...

So and now ???

I remember that I have updating Symfony the dependencies to the Symfony version 4.4. But the api-platform/core was not updated to a new version, it was still on version "2.1"

So I decide to update this and all the other dependencies.

There for in my composer.json I changed the version of the api-platform/core from "2.1" to "^2.1" to let composer decide which version should be installed.

I save the file and run the command:

composer update --with-all-dependencies

As it runs it ends up with an error:

 Could not delete C:\Users\userap\Desktop\_Workspace\WebDevelopment\WebClient_2\dosierung\vendor/sensio/framework-extra-bundle\Resources\config:   
  This can be due to an antivirus or the Windows Search Indexer locking the file while they are analyzed
Enter fullscreen mode Exit fullscreen mode

Okay the last sentence sounds plausible to me. Means that a service from Windows has just access the file in the moment when composer want to do some changes.

So no problem, I run it again and this time it works, perfect.

Composer has updated the api-platform/core to the version "2.6.8"

I open my webpage and...YES the 500 error is gone and my page was loading, lucky again.

Top comments (0)