The world of tech and software development evolves fast. New frameworks and libraries emerge all the time, and that's why it's important to stay in tune with what's happening in the industry otherwise you could end up feeling left behind—and that's no good for anyone!
To make that less of a challenge, it is essential to not go at it alone. Having a group of people with the same interests, ambitions, and goals as you, will not only help you progress a lot faster by interacting and learning with people above your level, but it will also provide you an opportunity to give back to the community.
Whether you’re in the early, middle or late stages of your career, joining a community can be a great way to ensure success in this career path.
Communities brings industry and academia experts together to give engineers and technicians around the world a platform to network, learn and collaborate online or face to face. Peer to peer networking opportunities then fosters real connections in the engineering community.
I'm interested in learning more about some online communities related to tech blogging and engineering leadership in general. Are you active in any community? Please let me know in the comments
Based on that criteria, Here's a list of my top 2 Engineering communities (that I’m also a member of that you could also be a part of )
Lohika[Re:think] Community, an online community platform for events, resources and discussions on technology, innovation and leadership.
- Participate in 1:1 chats and join discussions about scaling teams, engineering leadership and more.
- Attend live events, view on-demand videos, read articles and connect with like-minded peers.
- Explore videos and articles about web3, engineering leadership, angel investing and more..
Visit now, then click “Sign In” to create an account https://community.lohika.com/public/learn
[ELC](https://elc.community/) - Home for engineering leaders
ELC is a peer community for all engineering leaders, regardless of role or tenure to gain outside perspectives and discuss real challenges with trusted peers. It's a place where you can get support and support others.
- 1:1 Conversation
- Discover and attend events on topics relevant to your interests.
- Use “Channels” to join discussions on interesting topics with other community members.
- Knowledge hub: One can Explore the expansive library of videos and podcasts.