In a previous article, I shared 8 amazing Open Source projects I know. Turned out everyone liked the projects and most people found them useful but don't even know they exist. So I'm going to share yet another 8 projects that are worth trying.
Let's get started
1. Medusa #
Medusa (MedusaJs) is an Open Source Shopify alternative. Create a headless commerce store in minutes. If you are a developer then you should give this a try.
Why medusa over Shopify?
- Developer friendly - More customizations, hack around different things according to your needs.
- As medusa is Open Source you have full control over customizations, data, codebase etc.
- For more brief comparisons, read this article - Shopify vs. Open Source: How does Medusa compare?
- Unlimited customizations and extensibility
- Easy to get started
2. Cal. com #
Cal. com is a developer-friendly, Open Source alternative to Calendly.
Apart from calendly-
- Full data ownership
- White label domain
- Includes Video Conferencing
- Infrastructure Ready
- Length of the shareable link is 3 letters (Calendly - 8 letters)
- Opt-in bookings
3. Scarf #
Lots of downloads, huge traffic for your project documentation - don't know how your Open Source project is being used? Don't worry! Scarf is there for you. Scarf is an engagement measuring tool for Open Source projects. In simple terms, Scarf is like Google Analytics but for Open Source projects.
4. Wave #
Building your dreams? Then don't get stuck at "Getting started" :). Wave is a SaaS starter kit that helps you quickly build your SaaS apps.
Wave starter kit contains:
- User profiles
- User impersonation - log in as a user and solve issues or bugs in your SaaS app.
- Subscription plans
- User roles
- Ready-to-consume API
- Voyager admin
5. BoxyHQ #
Are you building SaaS apps? Then building enterprise features can be hard. So try BoxyHQ and easily make your SaaS app enterprise-ready.
- Integrate SAML
- Mock SAML
- Audit logs
Features on the way:
- Privacy vault
- Role-based access and permissions
- Directory Sync
6. ToolJet #
ToolJet is an Open Source low-code framework to build B2B applications and internal tools quickly. Connect to different data sources like different databases, cloud storage, GraphQL, API endpoints, Airtable, etc and build apps using drag and drop application builder.
- Visual app builder
- 20+ data sources
- Build responsive apps
- Realtime collaboration
- Version control
- Granular access
- Low-code and no-code
- Support for multiple SSO providers
- Secure and privacy++
7. Tolgee #
Tolgee is an all-in-one localization tool for your projects. All projects need i18n. With Tolgee you don't need to worry about choosing the right i18n library, editor and platform. It has all things you need to localize your project.
- SDKs and a localization platform
- In-context editing - Just ALT + click on texts you need to translate.
- Provide context for translators with screenshots
- Superfast integration
8. Slicknode #
Slicknode is an Open Source, headless, graphql CMS.
- Instant GraphQL API
- Headless CMS
- Built-In authentication and authorization
- Rich Data Modeling Capabilities
- Custom Extensions
- Fully Managed Backend
- High Scalability
- Modular Architecture
- Optimized images
- Multi-Stage Environment
- Apollo Federation
Similar to Slicknode:
All are open source
How amazing Open Source is, right? Show your support by ⭐ing them on GitHub.
Share your favourite Open Source projects in the comments.
8 best opensource projects you should try out
Rakesh Potnuru ・ Mar 22 ・ 4 min read
Follow me for more of these!
Top comments (1)