There are lots of open-source projects which are just 🤯. From productivity tools to B2B applications open source projects are there for you. Let's see some projects worth using and some projects which completely replace paid software 👀.
Let's get started
1. Chatwoot #
Chatwoot is an open-source alternative to Intercom, Zendesk, HubSpot, Salesforce Service Cloud. Not just live chat, it has support for multiple channels like Email, Facebook page, Twitter handle, WhatsApp etc.
- Shared inbox - Collaborate with your team easily with shared inbox means you can assign different tasks from the same inbox to different agents.
- Live chat - Add a live chat widget to your website and improve your customer experience.
- Channels - Support for multiple channels like Email, WhatsApp, Twitter, Twilio, Facebook, Instagram, Line. Also, you access all the channels from one place, no need to jump between channels.
- Automations - Automate repetitive tasks.
- Chatbots - Build chatbots with Dialogflow or Rasa and connect to your inbox.
- Mobile apps(IOS & Android) - Engage with customers instantly from anywhere with Chatwoots' IOS and Android apps.
- Integrations - Integration options available for Slack, WordPress, Dialogflow and Rasa.
Learn how to integrate Live chat widget on your website:
What is Chatwoot and how to integrate it on your website?
Rakesh Potnuru ・ Mar 28 '22 ・ 3 min read
2. Amplication #
Amplication is a low-code/no-code tool. Generate your NodeJs application along with a beautiful react Admin panel within minutes. Your NodeJs app is just a few clicks away.
- React Admin-UI generated with react-admin.
- NodeJs app with Postgres database.
- GraphQL and RESTAPI.
- Sync with GitHub or download code as a zip file.
- Sandbox environment to develop and test your app without setting it up locally.
- Docker support to deploy to the cloud.
Read how to quickly setup Amplication project:
Auto-generate your NodeJs app + Admin-UI 😳
Rakesh Potnuru ・ Feb 7 '22 ・ 3 min read
3. Docz # (Update: ⚠️ Outdated project)
Docz is a documentation tool based on MDX. It is a simple and easy alternative to Docusaurus. Don't waste time building a documentation website. Use docz to quickly document your project.
- Powered by Gatsby - Fast development experience and speed build times.
- Zero configuration
- Customize however you want.
- Based on MDX
- Typescript support
4. Partytown #
Partytown is a lazy-loaded library to help relocate resource-intensive scripts into a web worker, and off of the main thread. Its goal is to help speed up sites by dedicating the main thread to your code and offloading third-party scripts to a web worker.
If you have so many third-party scripts like Google tag manager, Live chat widget, A/B testing, trackers they make the website load slowly, hence effects performance. With Partytown you can load your code from the main thread and third-party scripts in a web worker.
- Integration support for Astro, Gatsby, HTML, NextJS, Nuxt, React, Remix, Hydrogen(Shopify)
- Support for various third-party scripts
5. Typesense #
Does your product need a superfast, easy to integrate search engine? Typesense is for you. Typesense is an open-source search engine, an alternative to Algolia and Elasticsearch.
- Typo tolerance
- Easy to set up, operate and scale.
- Dynamically sort results based on a particular field at query time.
- Faceting and Filtering
- Group similar results together.
- Search across multiple collections in a single HTTP request.
- and more...
6. BackdropCMS #
Backdrop is a free and open-source Content Management System built on top of Drupal. Build highly customizable websites for free. With backdrop, you can build anything from a personal blog site to an e-commerce website.
- Different themes
- Layout templates
7. Hoppscotch #
HoppScotch is an open-source alternative to Postman.
- GraphQL and REST API
- All the features postman offers
8. NocoDB #
NokoDB is an open-source alternative to Airtable. Convert any database into a smart spreadsheet. Cool #nocode tool 😎.
⚠️ Don't forget to leave a ⭐ on Github to these amazing projects.
There are thousands of amazing open-source projects available. I shared some of them that I found interesting. Share your favourite open-source projects in the comments.
I write every week, follow for more 😇.
Top comments (19)
Hey Rakesh! Awesome article. 😊
Such a coincidence, this Fireship video was so similar to the list! I think these projects are the talk of the town, that's why... 😃
Yes, I saw that video. These projects are amazing.
These are really amazing! I'd like to add one more amazing project to this list.
ToolJet is an open-source low-code framework to build and deploy internal tools quickly without much effort from the engineering teams. You can connect to your data sources like databases, cloud storages, GraphQL, API endpoints, Airtable, etc and build apps using drag and drop application builder.
This was another amazing project. Thanks for sharing!
can Hoppscotch do web sockets for real time solutions?
So Amazing, can't thank you enough for this. 💖💖. But Still Thank you soo much for bringing it to us.
Thank you for your comment. #opensource 💖
You're missing an L in Algolia. Great article btw!
Yes, updated. Thanks for mentioning it.
API traffic viewer for Kubernetes, enabling you to View all API communication between microservices.
Will look into these. Great post!
I can see some interesting projects. Great post.
Thanks for reading!
This is really good. Thanks for sharing it.