There are lots of open-source projects which are just 🤯. From productivity tools to B2B applications open source projects are there for you. Let's see some projects worth using and some projects which completely replace paid software 👀.
1. Chatwoot #
Chatwoot is an open-source alternative to Intercom, Zendesk, HubSpot, Salesforce Service Cloud. Not just live chat, it has support for multiple channels like Email, Facebook page, Twitter handle, WhatsApp etc.
- Shared inbox - Collaborate with your team easily with shared inbox means you can assign different tasks from the same inbox to different agents.
- Live chat - Add a live chat widget to your website and improve your customer experience.
- Channels - Support for multiple channels like Email, WhatsApp, Twitter, Twilio, Facebook, Instagram, Line. Also, you access all the channels from one place, no need to jump between channels.
- Automations - Automate repetitive tasks.
- Chatbots - Build chatbots with Dialogflow or Rasa and connect to your inbox.
- Mobile apps(IOS & Android) - Engage with customers instantly from anywhere with Chatwoots' IOS and Android apps.
- Integrations - Integration options available for Slack, WordPress, Dialogflow and Rasa.
Learn how to integrate Live chat widget on your website:
2. Amplication #
Amplication is a low-code/no-code tool. Generate your NodeJs application along with a beautiful react Admin panel within minutes. Your NodeJs app is just a few clicks away.
- React Admin-UI generated with react-admin.
- NodeJs app with Postgres database.
- GraphQL and RESTAPI.
- Sync with GitHub or download code as a zip file.
- Sandbox environment to develop and test your app without setting it up locally.
- Docker support to deploy to the cloud.
Read how to quickly setup Amplication project:
3. Docz #
Docz is a documentation tool based on MDX. It is a simple and easy alternative to Docusaurus. Don't waste time building a documentation website. Use docz to quickly document your project.
- Powered by Gatsby - Fast development experience and speed build times.
- Zero configuration
- Customize however you want.
- Based on MDX
- Typescript support
4. Partytown #
Partytown is a lazy-loaded library to help relocate resource-intensive scripts into a web worker, and off of the main thread. Its goal is to help speed up sites by dedicating the main thread to your code and offloading third-party scripts to a web worker.
If you have so many third-party scripts like Google tag manager, Live chat widget, A/B testing, trackers they make the website load slowly, hence effects performance. With Partytown you can load your code from the main thread and third-party scripts in a web worker.
- Integration support for Astro, Gatsby, HTML, NextJS, Nuxt, React, Remix, Hydrogen(Shopify)
- Support for various third-party scripts
5. Typesense #
Does your product need a superfast, easy to integrate search engine? Typesense is for you. Typesense is an open-source search engine, an alternative to Algolia and Elasticsearch.
- Typo tolerance
- Easy to set up, operate and scale.
- Dynamically sort results based on a particular field at query time.
- Faceting and Filtering
- Group similar results together.
- Search across multiple collections in a single HTTP request.
- and more...
6. BackdropCMS #
Backdrop is a free and open-source Content Management System built on top of Drupal. Build highly customizable websites for free. With backdrop, you can build anything from a personal blog site to an e-commerce website.
- Different themes
- Layout templates
7. Hoppscotch #
HoppScotch is an open-source alternative to Postman.
- GraphQL and REST API
- All the features postman offers
8. NocoDB #
NokoDB is an open-source alternative to Airtable. Convert any database into a smart spreadsheet. Cool #nocode tool 😎.
⚠️ Don't forget to leave a ⭐ on Github to these amazing projects.
There are thousands of amazing open-source projects available. I shared some of them that I found interesting. Share your favourite open-source projects in the comments.
I write every week, follow for more 😇.