(Scroll Down for the link to my Dance Challenge Website)
Simply, why? What is it about moving our bodies to a song we love? Why do we watch videos, obsess over our reflection in the kitchen window, and yes, take lessons to perfect something that could easily be labeled as trivial? Why do we put ourselves through the physical fatigue and the occasional social awkwardness just to call ourselves dancers? Why do we love it so?
There are many answers. For physical fitness, mental clarity, emotional stability, and other such pluses.
I will be frank, I dance because I like to dance. It's that clear-cut. Every time I learn a new element of dancing, my curiosity is peaked. There is always new material to witness and learn to become an experienced dancer. Which is why I'll keep dancing till I meet my end. It is my passion.
For those of you that got this far, thank you. Some of you might not know what your passion is yet. It can be quite cumbersome to live for so long without discovering yours. Not knowing the one thing you can't stop thinking about, that thing you wake up thinking about in the morning, go to sleep thinking about at night, that thing that you would do for free! For those of you that enjoy dancing or are willing to try something new, check out my self-built website The Light Challenge
Besides having a love for dance, I enjoy the cloud!
Specifically AWS (Amazon Web services). Since I took the time to learn about the cloud, I thought I'd leverage my skills and have them relate to dance.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 200 fully featured services from data centers. Cloud computing is the on-demand delivery of compute, database, storage, applications, and other IT resources through a cloud services platform (AWS) via the internet with a pay-as-you-go pricing.
I'm glad you asked. Some of the AWS services I used include AWS Certificate Manager, S3, Route 53, and Cloudfront. The only other resource that wasn't from AWS was the free domain name (A unique address for my website) I obtained from freenom.com
Below is a brief description of the services I used
- AWS Certificate Manager: A Private Certificate Authority (CA) is a managed private CA service that helps you easily and securely manage the lifecycle of your private certificates.
- Simple Storage Service (S3): An object storage service offering industry-leading scalability, data availability, security, and performance
- Route 53: A highly available and scalable cloud Domain Name System (DNS) web service
- Cloudfront: A content delivery network (CDN) service built for high performance, security, and developer convenience.
- Freenom: A platform as a service domain registrar S3, Route 53, and Cloudfront.
Like the statement says above. Enough reading! Time for you to start dancing. If you want to know more about how I made this website,
Send me a direct message below or follow me for more content