In this blog , we will be seeing how to create a cluster using MongoDB atlas.
- Go to the MongoDB Atlas landing page and create an account with necessary information and also verify your email id.
- After that , Click on the
New projectfrom the top left of the
- Give the project name , go with default options and create a project.
- Now you will be on your created project console. Click on
Build a database.
- Now click on the shared cluster and click Create. You will be then navigated to the cluster configuration page. Go with default options and click on
- For authenticating the connection , enter a user name for eg,
adminand autogenerate the password. Keep both username and password safe, as we will be needing it while establishing a connection from any server side framework with your mongodb atlas. Click on
Where would you like to connect from, choose the local environment , click on
Add my current IP addressand click on
Add Entry. Finally , click on
Finish and close.
Congratulations 🎉 🥳 🥂 . You have finally created your shared cluster.
- You can connect your MongoDB cluster to any of the following
- MongoDB shell.
- Server side application using native MongoDB drivers.
- MongoDB Compass.
- MongoDB host in VSCode.
- You can create a collection and database and play around with it.
Thanks for reading everyone. In the next blog , we will see how to create an API with FastApi ( Python web framework ) and MongoDB.