I would like you to introduce Diggie to this post, which is a professional GUI client for Amazon OpenSearch Service(Amazon Elasticsearch Service).
Diggie has been designed to help developers make it easy to operate and query your Amazon OpenSearch Service from your laptop.
This is currently a preview version and you can download the following for free.
When developing an application using Amazon OpenSearch Service, you may use a REST API client tool like Postman to query OpenSearch from your laptop.
However, I noticed that some key features were missing to query OpenSearch in a normal REST API client tool something like the following.
- Generate signature v4 header to pass IAM authorization of OpenSearch endpoint.
- Optimize visualization to see the query result.
- Import/Export a bunch of data from OpenSearch.
To resolve those problems and provide an "OpenSearch friendly" client tool, I have made it. That is why Diggie was born.
Currently, Diggie is providing the following feature as a developer preview version.
- Generate automatically signature v4 header from a profile you select to pass IAM authorization of OpenSearch endpoint.
- Query result in visualizer so that you can easily see the query result from OpenSearch.
- Query history feature so that you can re-use queries you ran in the past.
Hopefully, Diggie will help you and your team use Amazon OpenSearch Service, and feedback are always welcome!