- On Debian-based distributions, you use
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade;
- On Redhat-based distributions,
- On Arch-based distributions,
- Slackware-based distributions vary in their approaches to package management:
Gentoo uses a package management system called Portage. You run
emerge --sync, do what the prompt says, then run
- Other consult your distribution's documentation.
Heroku is a container-based cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS). Developers use Heroku to deploy, manage, and scale modern apps. Our platform is elegant, flexible, and easy to use, offering developers the simplest path to getting their apps to market.
Classic DEV Post from Feb 7