This will blow your docs off
In a world where most documentation sucks, large language models write better than humans, and people won’t be bothered to type full sentences with actual punctuation.
Two men… against all odds… join an award-worthy podcast… hosted by a coin-operated, singing code monkey (?)… to convince the developer world they’re doing it ALL wrong.
Grab your code-generator and heat up that cold cup of coffee on your desk. Because this episode of Go Time is about to blow your docs off!
Changelog++ members save 2 minutes on this episode because they made the ads disappear. Join today!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com
- Fly.io – The home of Changelog.com — Deploy your apps and databases close to your users. In minutes you can run your Ruby, Go, Node, Deno, Python, or Elixir app (and databases!) all over the world. No ops required. Learn more at fly.io/changelog and check out the speedrun in their docs.
- Changelog++ – You love our content and you want to take it to the next level by showing your support. We’ll take you closer to the metal with extended episodes, make the ads disappear, and increment your audio quality with higher bitrate mp3s. Let’s do this!
- Mark Bates – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Cory LaNou – Twitter
- Mat Ryer – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Johnny Boursiquot – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- a.k.a. “Doc, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels”
- a.k.a. “Doc-a Schoen”
- a.k.a. “Like Doc-work”
- a.k.a. “Pull Your Docs Up”
- a.k.a. “What’s Up, Docs?”
- a.k.a. “A Doc-work Orange”
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!
(00:00) - In a world...
(01:29) - It's Go Time!
(02:27) - Welcoming our guests
(12:06) - Usage docs
(20:35) - Maintaining docs
(29:10) - Sponsor: Changelog++
(30:05) - Don't believe the Hype
(36:11) - Document-driven development
(40:55) - The bigger takeaways
(44:53) - It's time for Unpopular Opinions!
(45:53) - Mark's unpop
(51:51) - Cory's unpop
(58:18) - Mark's unpop
(1:02:23) - Mark's unpop
(1:03:23) - Johnny's unpop
(1:12:05) - Time to Go!
(1:13:27) - Next time on Go Time