Our first decade with Go
We’ve talked several times about getting started with Go. But Go is already 12 years old! Let’s talk about how it all started, and hear about it from the people who were there from the beginning.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Teleport – Securely access any computing resource anywhere. Engineers and security teams can unify access to SSH servers, Kubernetes clusters, web applications, and databases across all environments. Try Teleport today in the cloud, self-hosted, or open source at goteleport.com
- LaunchDarkly – Fundamentally change how you deliver software. Innovate faster, deploy fearlessly, and make each release a masterpiece.
- Equinix Metal – If you want the choice and control of hardware…with low overhead…and the developer experience of the cloud – you need to check out Equinix Metal. Deploy in minutes across 18 global locations, from Silicon Valley to Sydney. Visit metal.equinix.com/justaddmetal and receive $100 credit to play.
- Fastly – Compute@Edge free for 3 months — plus up to $100k a month in credit for an additional 6 months. Fastly’s Edge cloud network and modern approach to serverless computing allows you to deploy and run complex logic at the edge with unparalleled security and blazing fast computational speed. Head to fastly.com/podcast to take advantage of this limited time promotion!
- Miki Tebeka – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Roger Peppe – Twitter, GitHub
- Natalie Pistunovich – Twitter, GitHub
- Johnny Boursiquot – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- The free lunch is over
- The C10K problem
- Selenium and Go’s bindings
- Python’s asyncio
- Go Community Code of Conduct
- Roger talking about the acme editor in Dev Tool Time
- Miki was trying Clojure and Erlang before settling on Go