Go at Cloudflare
Jaana, Jon, and Mat are joined by John Graham-Cumming, the CTO of Cloudflare, to discuss Go at Cloudflare along with John’s unique involvement in Gordon Brown’s apology to Alan Turing. How did Cloudflare get started with Go? What problems do they use Go for and when to they turn to other languages? And how exactly did John’s petition for an apology to Turing get so popular?
- DigitalOcean – The simplest cloud platform for developers and teams Whether you’re running one virtual machine or ten thousand, makes managing your infrastructure too easy. Get started for free with a $50 credit. Learn more at do.co/changelog.
- GoCD + Kubernetes – With GoCD running on Kubernetes, you define your build workflow and let GoCD provision and scale build infrastructure on the fly. GoCD installs as a Kubernetes native application. Scale your build infrastructure elastically. Learn more at gocd.org/kubernetes
- John Graham-Cumming – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Mat Ryer – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jon Calhoun – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Jaana B. Dogan (JBD) – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- Cloudflare blog
- John’s Gophercon Talk
- Plan 9
- Hoare’s paper on CSP
- Leap Second Bug
- Apology to Turing story
- Gordon Brown