Fuzzing in the standard library
Fuzzing is coming to the standard library. We speak to Katie Hockman and Jay Conrod who were part of the team responsible for designing and implementing it. We dig into the details, hear some best practices, where fuzzing can help your code, and learn more about how it works.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Cockroach Labs – Scale fast, survive anything, thrive everywhere! CockroachDB is most highly evolved database on the planet. Build and scale fast with CockroachCloud (CockroachDB hosted as a service) where a team of world-class SREs maintains and manages your database infrastructure, so you can focus less on ops and more on code. Get started for free their 30-day trial or try their forever-free tier. Learn more at cockroachlabs.com/changelog.
- LaunchDarkly – Ship fast. Rest easy. Deploy code at any time, even if a feature isn’t ready to be released to your users. Wrap code in feature flags to get the safety to test new features and infrastructure in prod without impacting the wrong end users.
- GitLab – You are invited to attend GitLab Commit 2021 (it’s free) — GitLab’s upcoming user community event, August 3rd & 4th. Learn more about modern DevOps, and how it transforms companies of all sizes and pushes teams to drive innovation to market. Get ready to Innovate Together during this free event designed to help you commit to better DevOps. Register and learn more at gitlabcommitvirtual2021.com.
- Katie Hockman – Twitter, GitHub
- Jay Conrod – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Mat Ryer – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Johnny Boursiquot – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- The Fuzzing beta announcement
- Our Fuzzing discussion last year
- The design proposal
- Hot Fuzz movie 🐣
- List of bugs fuzzing has found