Had an idea I needed to get out of my head. This was the result. I can't tell if this is a good idea or not worth my time.
Is it useful to anyone? Is it useful to me? I can't tell at this point. Thought I would ask for some feedback and maybe more ideas.
Basically, it's just an executable I have running on a timer (Windows Task Scheduler).
- The Greeting on the left changes throughout the day
- The Date in the middle obviously changes only once a day
- The weather data can be loaded from one of two sources at the moment (OpenWeather and WeatherBit)
- The Priority items is pointed at a specific Trello list and pulls in the cards and description from that list
- The primary background is just a simple background image
- The background, colors and fonts can be configurable
I thought maybe...
- There could be three columns in the lighter gray area but not sure what the other two columns would be (calendar might be nice)
- I have plenty of room below the focus area to use up, but this is calculated based on the user's screen size
- Might be cool if it could take multi-monitor setups into account