ConfTalks Development Updates (2 Part Series)
This post was sent earlier to our newsletter.
This post is a followup on my original post about ConfTalks' release. It's not necessary if you haven't read it already, but it can give you a good background on the project :)
ConfTalks has only been out for a few days, and I'm so happy with all the positive responses!
Because of the positive response I have been pretty energized to keep working on the project.
Originally I launched ConfTalks with just the data for a single conference. Since then an additional 10 conferences have been added by the community of which 7 are currently merged!
That is over 200 conference talks!
And then there's the analytics: 1300+ people have visited ConfTalks. This is a mindblowing number to me!
The GitHub repository has a total of 16 pull requests, 21 forks and 37 stars 🌟
Since the announcement 19 people have joined our Slack workspace! And they're all awesome 😎
🕵️ One person tried to access a nonexistent admin panel
- We're working on a CLI to make adding data easier.
- We're adding data and solving issues
- New ways to filter will be added
- GitHub issue and PR templates will be added
- We'll continue to make ConfTalks a great place for developers
- And we'll keep you updated!
Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far! If you would like to contribute as well you can head over to our GitHub repository. You can also join our free community Slack. Don't forget about the newsletter 💌! Updates get shared there first 👀
Special thanks to
- Everyone who submitted one or more PRs: dios-david, josectobar, Jon309, reegoram, deniskond, cecyc, vishwasmattur, meganvbarton, villabunterkunt, stefanrempe, dammak, and GabsRTX
- Everyone who submitted an issue
- Everyone in the community Slack who contributes in other ways
- Everyone who joined the newsletter 💌
- My colleagues at DEITY 💚 for discussing the project with me
- You for reading this post until the end ❤️