Looking to create a visualizer that features COVID-19 cases in a more engaging way? Try using 3D or augmented reality (AR)! Here’s a step-by-step guide to quickly create a simple COVID-19 spread visualizer demo with Unity and echoAR. The full demo can also be found on echoAR’s GitHub.
Don’t have an API key? Make sure to register for FREE at echoAR.
- Create a new Unity project.
- Install the echoAR Unity SDK.
- Open the sample scence under echoAR/Examples/sample.unity.
- Set the API key in the Inspector of the echoAR game object.
- Add the 3D model from the models folder to the console.
- Add the metadata listed in the metadata.csv file.
- Overwrite the existing echoAR/CustomBehaviour.cs script with the new CustomBehaviour.cs file.
Simply press the Play button in Unity.
Refer to our documentation to learn more about how to use Unity and echoAR.
echoAR (http://www.echoAR.xyz; Techstars ’19) is a cloud platform for augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) that provides tools and server-side infrastructure to help developers & companies quickly build and deploy AR/VR apps and experiences.