first — let's grow my twitter, so i can tell about my inventions quicker and make the world even better place (or not, idk)
A month ago I opensourced OpenCommit.
Previous post got 60k views and 280 likes. Now OpenCommit is 2.6k stars.
I've merged 39 PRs and here is what's new:
- if you change model to GPT-4 — it answers WHY changes were done 🤯
- locale support of 10 languages.
- select files you want to stage and commit.
- choose a remote you want to push to.
- OpenCommit now uses tiktoken to accurately count openAI tokens.
- better large diffs splitting (you can commit changes of any size)
- add any
git commitarguments to
oc <...args>it will be passed to
git commit <...args>.
- hook now works on all platforms, run
oc hook setto integrate OpenCommit into IDE Source Control.
Well this is it so far, thanks to all the contributors <3 Feel free to PR!
Simply install it globally with npm, to use in any repo:
npm i -g opencommit
After installing type
oc and hit "Enter" in a terminal:
If you want to edit a commit and make OpenCommit to be used by your IDE do:
oc hook set
That's it — have fun ;)