There’s a lot of fascinating developer news this week! @saronyitbarek and I are here to break it down 👇
S4:E4 - Video Game Studio Instability, Basecamp’s Mass Resignations, Apple’s Monopoly, and Donald Trump’s Facebook
In this episode, you’ll hear about...
- The Facebook Oversight Board’s decisions about the (formerly) indefinite ban on Donald Trump’s account
- The European Union ruling that Apple has an unfair advantage when it comes to the distribution of music streaming apps
- The departure of many Basecamp employees following problematic statements made by the company’s co-founders
We also chatted with Jason Schreier, reporter at Bloomberg and the author of “Blood, Sweat, and Pixels” and now “Press Reset: Ruin and Recovery in the Video Game Industry” — coming out next week! Our conversation centered around video game studio instability (something we definitely enjoy talking about frequently on the show).
Thanks for listening!
You can follow DevNews to get episode notifications and listen right in your feed — or subscribe on your platform of choice! Plus, if you leave us a review, we'll send you a free pack of thank-you stickers. Details here.
Quick Listening Links
- @levisharpe for producing & mixing the show
- Our season four sponsors, Scout APM and Rudderstack ❤️
Top comments (1)
Awesome guest this week, y'all!