Hello, my name is Arnold Ndiwalana an aspiring software engineer and an undergraduate second-year student studying Information systems and Technology at Makerere University in Uganda. I have been a member of DEV Community for a year but this is my first post on DEV and my first attempt at writing an article.
I recently joined the Practicum Bootcamp and enrolled in the Web Development course in order to gain a hands-on learning experience on how it is done in a real work scenario.
Our first sprint was two weeks long and we covered flexbox, BEM methodology, and Git and we implemented the principles into practice.
- BEM methodology helps to make the naming of classes easier and breakdown the building of websites into components that can be reused in both the site and other projects.
- Writing clean and maintainable code that others can use.
- Use of semantic HTML to improve accessibility for users and improve optimization for search engines.
- Making mistakes is okay as long as you learn from them.
- Application of best practices that are used in the industry.
Anyway, I hope to keep writing about my progress and hope you enjoy the article.