For the backend, I wanted to use a headless CMS.
I have used the new CMS, Strapi, before so I decided with that.
- An open-source CMS. (I don’t want to spend more than 10$/month in hosting)
- A NodeJs backend.
- Headless/ API driven.
- I want to better understand API’s and specifically how authentication works with one.
- Strapi’s documentation, community, and company.
- Strapi has a vibrant community.
- Their documentation is great. There are some typos, which I have worked on and as I work on this project, I figured I will be able to make edits as I have time.
- It seems like Strapi has a great company foundation and will be around for a long while.
- Strapi’s API
- I love Strapi’s API that comes out of the box. It takes zero configuration to build a fully functional REST API and Strapi comes with many features, like image optimizations, that I won't have to build.
Here is another article I wrote about Strapi with a video overview of the Strapi API:
Look out for more blogs in this series as I continue to document the process of building my portfolio.😊