Ever since I finished up at the Flatiron School at the end of May, I've been trying to come up with a cool, new project idea. But here I am, almost three months later and I haven't started one. I've been stuck in decision paralysis and it's time to break free!
I've heard from a lot of people to just start something, especially when you're a junior dev. Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, make a simple site that has some functionality. The point is to get practice and learn a new thing or two.
So for my blog post this week, I'm just going to make a big list of project ideas! No longer can I complain that I don't have an idea!
- todo app (just kidding!)
- clone of a popular social media site
- site that gathers and displays news about a specific topic
- site to order food from a local restaurant, with a shopping cart
- clock that you can change from analog to digital
- simple chat room
- bill splitting app like Splitwise
- site that changes colors based on the weather
- funny name generator
- site to save and display articles you want to read later
- date suggestions
- bio site about someone famous that you like
- copy a simple game, like tic-tac-toe, hangman, or snake
- counter to log how many glasses of water you've drunk
- site for cute pictures of your pet
- simple quiz game
- place to keep track of all the shoes you want to buy
- web scraper
- net worth tracker
- music suggestions based on a given song/artist
- site that simply tells you if it's going to rain or not
- spoiler alert browser extension - notifies you if the page contains certain keywords
- e-commerce clone
- a site that just plays Mariah Carey music videos
- word-a-day site
- recipe generator
There we have it, no more excuses! I hope this inspires you to start something new today!