It is a new managed service that helps enterprises set up and scale private 5G mobile networks in their facilities in days instead of months.
- Connect thousands of devices and machines with the low latency and high bandwidth of a private 5G network.
- Get your network up and running in days with no long planning cycles, no complex integrations, and automated setup.
- Secure your network with granular access controls for all connected devices, integrated with existing IT policies.
- Scale your network capacity on demand or add devices with a few clicks, and pay only for the capacity and throughput you use.
- Place the order from the console specifying the coverage and capacity requirements for your private cellular network
- As part of Installation, AWS delivers you network hardware(small cell radio base stations and servers) Attach power and internet connectivity to small cells and servers.
- For Activation, open the console and acknowledge hardware receipt for automated network configuration. Once the network is ready, insert the SIM cards into the devices to connect
- Operating and Managing your cellular network and connected device as any other AWS resource. Need to integrate with exiting access and security policies
- Scalability can be quick as we can easily adjust the network capacity and number of connected devices to match your business needs
AWS Private 5G offers an easy way to leverage cellular technology to augment your current network. This can help you to increase reliability, extend coverage, or enable a new class of workloads such as factory automation, autonomous robotics, and advanced augmented and virtual reality (AR/VR) interactions.
Operating a network on your premises is a shared responsibility. You are responsible for monitoring the physical sites where AWS Private 5G is deployed, and for keeping internet connectivity and power running. AWS provides and controls all the hardware, software, and network functions required to operate the network. Private 5G ensures that infrastructure and network functions are up to date and running the latest firmware, software, and security patches. The service also monitors ongoing operations and makes any changes needed to maximize performance and availability. AWS Private 5G can be monitored through a rich set of Amazon CloudWatch metrics, managed through the AWS Management Console or the APIs.
The number of devices that support LTE and 5G has steadily increased over the past several years. A great place to start is the Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS) Alliance, which developed the OnGo Certification Program with an up-to-date list of over 250 devices noted here. For licensed spectrum, device selection will depend on the specific spectrum offered by the partner CSP. AWS Private 5G also works with various devices that bridge between WiFi and cellular networks, extending support to devices that do not natively support SIMs.
Once you insert the SIM card into your device, AWS Private 5G will automatically recognize the SIM and you can use the AWS Management Console or AWS Command Line Interface (CLI) to ensure that your devices have the right access to your network. Once on the network, Private 5G runs speed and validation tests, enforces access, and provides monitoring and alerting for full visibility into your network usage. As you add more devices and your connectivity needs grow, the service will ensure that your network support scales as needed.
- Run a smart manufacturing facility
- Enable business-critical applications
- Deliver reliable campus connectivity
Hope you liked it! In next blog, We will explore more on Private 5G capabilities.