In this blog we will learn about
- How to download Obsidian App Image.
- How to install and set up the $PATH for obsidian.
Let's get started.
- First of all, install the AppImage from the link. This file will probably be downloaded in your
- Now open a terminal in your
- You have to make this AppImage an executable file by using
sudo chmod +x Obsidian-1.1.9.AppImage
- After that you have to rename the Obsidian-1.1.9.AppImage to obsidian using
mv Obsidian-1.1.9.AppImage obsidian
- Then you'll have to create a new folder for obsidian at
usr/binand then copy the obsidian file to that folder.
sudo mkdir /usr/bin/obsidian sudo cp obsidian /usr/bin/obsidian/obsidian
- Now to add the PATH. You have to set the variable name in ~/.profile. This can be done by using
gedit ~/.profile (any text precessor) export PATH=$PATH:/usr/bin/obsidian
in the terminal to open the file. Then adding line
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/bin/obsidian at the end of your ~/.profile file.
- Save and then close the file. You also have to restart the device to use these changes.
- Now you can run obsidian from Application Launcher by Alt + F2 then typing obsidian. And from terminal by Ctrl + Alt + T then typing obsidian.