In the month of October we are participating in Hacktoberfest. For my third pull request although it wasn't labelled for the competition, I decided to choose the Open Air Quality main website. In the past, I worked on the API that functions behind the scenes and removed some commented code from it.
I decided to look again and see if there was another issue to work on but in a different repository for the same project. Doing so I found a very recent issue regarding one of the front end components of the application.
To fix this, I went into previous commits and PR's to see which files had been worked on for similar tasks. The bug was concerning the "comparison tool", and so I looked for commits and pulls saying they worked on compare/comparison features. By doing this I was able to find which file had the error. I had a strong feeling that since the issue was new, it may have been a more recent commit that made the spelling change.
The fix itself was rather simple so I did not run into problems since the issue raised was a misspelling of "correlation" in the UI, but only in that 1 spot in that 1 file. Naturally I had a peek at the other files to make sure nothing else was spelled wrong by maybe even the same person.
It was a good experience contributing to Open-AQ again in some way!