I was confused between Rust or GO. Rust is definitely faster than GO, Go is easy to learn and easy to write and maintain. (in my personal opinion)
And so I choose GO
I recently started learning Go (GoLang) and I thought why not start learning by making a 2D game.
I'm using PixelGL which is almost identical to Raylib.
so far my game has;
- State Machine (for changing between different maps, anime state, enemies)
- Storyboard for creating animations (also included AnimationController, Tween)
- load sound, play sound on certain actions (above video is not updated)
- Welcome Title Menu screen
- Game Over screen
- In Game Menu
- Selection Menu, Tooltips
- Combat Arena
- Attack Options (Attack, Item, Magic, Flee)
- Attack randomizer (e.g. Miss, Critical, Dodge)
- Load Town Map (world map)
Im not saying its a good game or its perfect.
All I'm saying is I'm enjoying learning GO. And somehow developing games is more addicting than playing one.
I just hope more people start using GO for game development its way way Better than Python and 1000x times better than Java