Kubernetes 101 (3 Part Series)
We have been looking for the best Kubernetes tutorials out there and thought of sharing some of what we found interesting to get started with Kubernetes.
The Official Kubernetes.io Tutorials
It is more of a collection of the existing content on Kubernetes.io. It focuses more on introducing the general concepts and constructs of Kubernetes. But it doesn’t provide necessary lessons that build upon each other. Covered Topics:
- The Basics.
- Configuring Kubernetes.
- Stateless Applications.
- Stateful Applications.
- CI/CD Pipeline.
- Managing Kubernetes Clusters.
It is a collection of articles that are nicely written and well organized. They are sometimes focused on Running Kubernetes on top of DigitalOcean however. But you are still going to learn a lot of Kubernetes basics that are applicable to any other infrastructure. Some of the notable topics are:
- An Introduction to Kubernetes
- An introduction to Kubernetes DNS Services
- An introduction to Helm, the package manager for Kubernetes
- Modernizing Applications for Kubernetes
- Building Optimized Containers for Kubernetes
- Kubernetes Networking Under the Hood
- Architecting Applications for Kubernetes
- Building Blocks for Doing CI/CD with Kubernetes
- How to Back up and restore a Kubernetes Cluster on DigitalOcean using Heptio Ark.
- How to Setup a Nginix Ingress with Cert-Manager on DigitalOcean Kubernetes
- How to Inspect Kubernetes Networking