It is now 10:45 pm of September 24th and day 2 of my personal Quarantine Hack challenge. Though I achieved so much in these 2 days that "Day 0" is closer to reality title.
- I am in the hotel quarantining for 14 days
- I completed 4 days
- Want to spend my most effective 10 days in my life starting today
- complete 3 projects (2 in progress)
- prepare final version of CV
- apply for parttime jobs in Hong Kong
- apply for internships for summer 2021
The rest of my quarantine period I will be sharing every single day here in this cozy place, which would create extra pressure and responsibility for me.
My 2 days ago manifesto to an imaginary audience (me and my demons) looked like this:
It is not really possible to completely change the world in 12 days, but i think if i work to my full potential I will at least know what I am capable of and will probably acheive something significant. I will also build up a way to better self for the rest of the year.
After 3 days it sounds funny. Turns out imaginary audience has to pressure on me and my unproductive soul.
I will make plan of the day the day before that day. Each task has timeslot and duration. These are the punishment-reward system
- If I wake up more than 10 mins later than the planned time I take a cold shower
- If I am not able to finish the task within the planned timeslot I will: move on to the next task and take a note on what I was able to finish
- If I take a phone while completing a task (even though it will be needed)I will do: the wasted amount of minutes x 5 pushups
- If I do something else and not the planned task I will do: the wasted amount of minutes x 10 pushups
- If I feel sleepy or tired I will do 40 pushups, take a cold shower again and resume the task
- First 5 days focus on the projects
- Last 5 days focus on the cv and interview
I am using:
- Google Calendar for planning the work and the tasks to complete
- Evernote to take notes on what is going on and keeping a general list of items
In fact, it is just interesting how it will turn out in the end. Will become a whole new upgraded monster whom nothing can stop? Will I prove to myself that I am a balloon that blows off on a little pressure?
I am not sure why it has to be interesting for someone to read but the most important thing I think is that I will be reporting the things I am trying to make with someone else. I will write about the struggles and discoveries and will share interesting ideas in mind of a 20-year-old person about SWE, life, and everyday stuff.