Hello Friends 👋,
As I learn and build my portfolio website with Next.js and Tailwind in public, I will write the process and progress.
This time, I will write them down in a different format than my other blog posts. This series will be personal notes of what I did and the blockers, if any, instead of thorough explanations of the steps and concepts. I will also share the next plan. Expect many bullet points and super short posts in this series 😁!
Run this command to create the project with
pnpm create next-app project-name
Fill out the prompts.
- For now, I don't use TypeScript for this project.
- It's great that there's an option to include Tailwind, so I don't have to install it separately and configure it myself 😁.
- I ticked yes for all the yes/no prompts except for creating the
src/directory. I will add it myself later if necessary.
- My import alias configuration is
~/*. Some people use
~, and some use
@. It's all about personal preference.
- Add pages to the website—About Me, Blog, and Contact Me. These pages don't have to have content for now. But they should have a link to go back to the Homepage.
My friends suggested these starter kits if you want to save time on installation and configuration.