This is my first post ever
Why should a team use a mock server in their development lifecycle? There could be two good reasons :
- Simplify testing
- Decoupling development teams
After we noticed a tight coupling behavior between a product team and my team, I decided to deploy a mock server to reduce the dependencies between the team. The mock server should have the following properties:
- could be used for automation tests as well as for manual tests
- Easy setup and maintenance by the business analyst
- can process REST as SOAP requests
This is pretty easy.
The following steps can help you with:
- Download Docker-Desktop
- Install Kubernetes from Docker-Desktop
When that's done, all you have to do is pull the latest version of castlemock from Docker Hub :
docker pull castlemock/castlemock
If everything works, install Helm using the following commands :
brew install helm
Assuming Docker, Kubernetes and Helm are install and running. Do the following steps:
- git clone https://github.com/3logy/castlemock-helm
- helm install castlemock ./castlemock/
So easy it's when working with Helm.
Many thanks to Muhammad Hewedy 👍 , who helps me on Twitter to get into Castlemock deployment on Kubernetes.