It can be easy to get yourself in a rut, but if you're aiming to advance and nurture your career, you need cultivate these common habits.
- Learn new things
- Employers love to see developers pushing themselves to learn new frameworks, languages, or techniques and will reward initiative (or another employer will).
- Read relevant blogs
- Keep up to date with your industry and current position by reading relevant blogs so that you’re not blind-sided by a new technology, language, framework, or trend.
- Engage with other developers
- Networking and engaging with other developers via social media or Meetups will help you stay apprised of current trends and news.
- Improve your skills
- Don’t too comfortable in your current position without working to improve your skills continually, or you risk becoming irrelevant, the industry having passed you by.
Sign up for my mailing list and get your free ebook
"The 30-Minute Project: How to improve Your Side Project Game to Become a Better Developer"
at 30-Minute Project