Hello DEV Community,
How are you all doing? Magento news headlines are rolling with new version release 2.4 on 28 July 2020, Are you aware of the new updates and upgrades it brought with it? Let’s get started with What’s New in Magento 2.4 Major Release Notes:
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the popularity of physical stores is declining. People are moving towards online shopping in order to prevent physical contact. Thus, many E-commerce businesses are coming up on the market. The new release brings wonderful features for owners as well as the customers. Magento 2.4 special characteristics will be beneficial to both Magento Commerce and Open-source. Let’s dig out the features of Magento 2.4 🚀
Major Features of Magento 2.4
- A new level of security With 2FA
- Platform upgrades PHP 7.4 & MySQL 8.0
- Infrastructure improvements & Improved Workflow
- Faster and Easier Development with PWA
- New Media Gallery redesign
A new level of security With 2FA 🔐
Magento 2.4 brings the following security grades for the admin panel:
- Two-factor authentication (2FA) is enabled by default for the admin so when the user log-in into the store for the first time it will provoke 2FA.
- Turn off data rendering for UI data providers.
- Template strict mode is empowered.
Platform upgrades PHP 7.4 & MySQL 8.0 🚀
The following platforms will only be supported with Magento 2.4 version to enhance the store performance and security.
- PHP 7.4 has been adopted and PHP 7.1 and 7.2 are discarded.
- PHPUnit 9.x instead of PHPUnit 6.5
- MySQL 8.0 is supported.
- MySQL catalog search engine support ended.
- Elasticsearch 7.6x adopted
- Maria DB 10.4 support
- Migration of dependencies on Zend Framework replaced to Laminas Project
Infrastructure improvements & Improved Workflow 💪
Magento 2.4 brings an enhanced quality of the framework.
- Core integration of third-party payment methods eradicated
- Encourage partial-word search for Elasticsearch
- Web Set-Up Wizard eliminated
- Composer update plugin
There is a huge enhancement in performance with Magento 2.4
- Numerous optimizations to Redis performance
- Improvement to customer data section invalidation logic
- Improved caching of results of SQL queries to inventory tables
Faster and Easier Development with PWA 🔥
PWA Studio 7.0.0 releases new extension points for Venia UI, Peregrine, and Builpack. It helps the developer for their project and enhances store performance.
New Media Gallery redesign 🎨
With the updation in media gallery design by Magento 2.4, it offers a new searchable interface for the media gallery. The admin can search, filter, or sort images 30 times faster compared to the earlier version. The extensions that were developed for the Media Gallery will not work the same with the new version.
Hence, looking at the special features of Magento 2.4 version, upgrade your store with the latest version, and boost up your sales. If you want to explore more about the Magento 2.4 latest release, then visit our recently published blog-All You Need to Know Magento 2.4
Happy Upgrading 😊
Top comments (0)