After the sidebar last week, I thought let's build something bigger. And so Slackish came into existence - a quick prototype build of Slack. Links to demo and source are included in this article.
- Switch between conversations
- Channels and direct messages
- Indicate active conversation in sidebar.
- Display user online status indicator on title bar & sidebar for DMs.
- Auto scroll chat on new message.
- Custom scroll bars similar to Slack.
Take this project for a spin here: https://tailpine.netlify.app/slack/
And here's the source code: https://github.com/zaxwebs/tailwind-alpine/tree/main/slack
Feel free to fork and add to it.
Here's a few ideas:
- Dropdown for channels & DMs.
Tailwind and Alpine is a sweet combo to get up and running quick for setting up prototypes and more! The ecosystem is growing and there's so much more to come.
Thanks for reading.