Nothing has ever wondered me like Linux. Ready to embark on this journey?
Linux® is an open-source operating system (OS). An operating system is software that directly manages a system's hardware and resources, like CPU, memory, and storage. The OS sits between applications and hardware and makes the connections between all of your software and the physical resources that do the work.
- Security 🔒 : Linux is one of the most reliable operating systems(OS). Due to the fact that Linux and Unix-based OS code is reviewed by a huge number of developers constantly, it is obvious that it has fewer security flaws. On Linux, there is no need for an anti-virus since anyone has access to the source code. This is because it is open-source and thus bugs can be fixed rapidly and easily.
- Privacy 😋 : Some other OS frequently collects data from users and contain spy software to collect the data often, a perfect example is Windows OS. When it comes to Linux, you can literally see everything that is transmitting from your system, if you’re tech-savvy enough. Even if you’re not, there are more than tens of thousands of eyes who are looking into the source code and looking for flaws that can cause any vulnerability to the system.
- Portability 🛄 : Portability is the ability of an application to run properly in a different platform to the one it was designed for, with little or no modification. When it comes to Linux, it is a portable operating system that supports a wide range of computer architectures.
- Customization ✍ : From ubuntu, pearOS, Kali, Zorin going through all Linux distros, customization has been done, some making replications of Android OS interface, windows or macOS for a distro like pearOS. Added to that Linux can be run with or without UI due to all this some companies serves are based on Linux operating systems.
- Free 👌 : Unlike other OS Linux doesn't have a token as revenue to start using. In case you use an OS like Windows, you'll need to buy the license or use a crack version which sucks a lot. It just doesn’t feel good after a certain age when you use something unethically when there is a free better OS is available for you.
- System Performance 🚖: Linux powered PCs are way faster than Windows. The main reason for that Linux is a lightweight system and Windows is crammed with lots of unnecessary software. A lot of systems running in the background makes your windows PCs sluggish. Another reason is, file systems are pretty organized in Linux. Files are located in chunks that are closer to each other, which makes read-write operation way faster than Windows. That’s the reason, most cloud systems run on Linux. Even Microsoft runs Linux to run Azure.
Error message ❌ :
Oops, something when wrong 😹.
Oh, shi*t windows users are tired of this nonsense message I'm sure and worst of all no way to sort the problem out. Unlike Linux which is more organised and easy to solve a problem.
- *Linux is multiplatform 😲: From Super Computers to Game Consoles, Smart TVs, Smartwatches, Car infotainment systems, Flight entertainment systems, Self-driving cars, Nuclear Submarines and going through many more. Great institutions like NASA heavily relies on Linux for data transmission from satellites and telescopes.
Hardware Support 🤙:
As windows constantly make updates, it requires hardware of higher quality and your actual old PC can be incompatible with the latest windows. that's annoying.
ConclusionOpen-source is the real target, Linux is the best