I've been thinking a lot about meetings recently. So many of us are stuck with unproductive meetings day in and day out. So I wrote a post about it on Medium today and shared my best tips on how to make meetings productive.
You can find the post here!
- A meeting isn't always needed. Asynchronous communication can replace a lot of meetings.
- Meetings should have a deadman switch and should be short by default.
- Always have a solid agenda! Don't aimlessly conduct meetings.
- Fewer people = better meetings!
- Get team members to engage more. Make sure quieter members also contribute to discussions.
- Always have someone take meeting notes and share them afterward. People should know what actionable items have been decided!
I'm curious and always looking to make communication with my team more productive! Share your best advice with me. You can do it in the comments or on this Twitter thread.
Anyway, share your thoughts! Cheers!