Co-authored by: @midanirachdi
Over several years of experience in the IT industry, we have distilled our wisdom into a collection of essential insights. These invaluable nuggets of knowledge are designed to pave the way for your career progression toward becoming a distinguished Senior Software Engineer.
So without further ado, let's get started:
- Typically 4-6+ years of experience in software development (varies depending on country/company size).
- Deep understanding of programming languages, software design principles, and development methodologies.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Lead small teams or projects (limited to one project at a time).
- Provide technical guidance (proof of concept, spikes etc..).
- Break down complex tasks while allocating the appropriate amount of time to each segment.
- Enhance knowledge sharing by documenting the step-by-step solutions to a specific problem.
- Work on personal projects by using different technologies.
- Use AI tools to speed up your workflow.
- Keep conversations small and opt for calls instead of messaging.
- Engage in peer coding sessions with fellow engineers to gain diverse perspectives and ideas.
- Effectively communicate technical concepts by sharing positive and negative insights.
- Communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Invest in skill improvement through training and self-learning.
- Document repetitive day to day tasks and work on automating each one of them when it's doable.