We are honored to announce that our Software Architect, Christian Ciceri, has co-authored the “Software Architecture Metrics: Case Studies to Improve the Quality of Your Architecture” book.
Christian Ciceri’s acknowledgement:
“I would like to say thank you to Ekaterina Novoseltseva and Apiumhub for giving me the chance to write this book, which was always in my dreams. Al Global Software Architecture Summit, for meeting all these software architects, who push me forward and who generate interesting discussions. VYou app, for making me innovate and implement new software architecture metrics. And additional thanks goes to my cat, who is always there for me, supporting me in any situation.”
Through contributions from these 10 prominent practitioners and leading software architects, this book shares key software architecture metrics to help you set the right KPIs and measure the results. This book is not about theory; it’s about practice and implementation, about what has already been tried and has worked, with valuable experiences and case studies. The focus is not only on improving the quality of architecture but on associating objective metrics with business outcomes in ways that account for your own situation and the trade-offs involved.
Having the right software architecture metrics and tools can make architecture checking much faster and less costly. It can allow you to run checks throughout the life of a software project, starting right at the beginning. Metrics also help you evaluate your software architecture at each sprint to make sure it’s not drifting toward becoming impossible to maintain. They can also help you compare architectures to pick the one that best fits your project’s requirements.
Want to explore success stories and learn more about the effectiveness of software architecture metrics? Get our book on Amazon.
Meet the experts that participated in this book:
- Christian Ciceri – Software Architect at VYou and Apiumhub
- Neal Ford – Author of the book “Building Evolutionary Architectures: Support Constant Change”
- Rene Weiss – Software Architect, Consultant & CTO at FINABRO
- João Rosa – Principal Consultant and Interim CTO
- Carola Lilienthal – Author of the book “Sustainable Software Architecture”
- Andrew Harmel-Law – Tech principal at Thoughtworks
- Eoin Woods – CTO at Endava
- Alexander von Zitzewitz – Co-founder of hello2morrow
- Michael Keeling – Author of the Book “Design It!: From Programmer to Software Architect”
- Dave Farley – Co-author of the Jolt-award winning book Continuous Delivery
The architects in this group have all published renowned software architecture articles and books, regularly participate in international events, and give practical workshops. Most of them are coming to theGlobal Software Architecture Summitin Barcelona this year.
Don’t miss GSAS taking place October 3-4 at the Barcelona International Convention Centre (CCIB). This 2-day summit features a number of O’Reilly experts who have co-authored this book and they will raffle several signed copies of the book.
Use promo code: oreilly-gsas-code and get 30% discount on the event!