- Does not involves external components such a queue
- NodeJS supports IPC when using the module child_process
- Child process executes independent of parent process
- Parent process can pass argument to the invoking of child process, which are received as CLI arguments.
- If the child process fails / crashes, there is no simple way to put retry.
- Since the child process runs separately, it will consume some memory of its own because of independent execution context.
- If required, a polling mechanism has to be built to know the status of child process.