I had started my blogging journey from about one year . Whenever I posted a blog and shared with my friends or even in my linkdn profile . It would be like a static link and I wanted to be more interactive and engaging .
Then just like a normal would do I started learning video editing .
Yup as you guessed ,I was so bad at this. So I started to search for a solution to convert my blogs to videos .
I found many tools and software but they were not free and I was not ready to spend money on it . Then I found a free* tool called Lumen 5 . It is a free tool and it is very easy to use . You can convert your blogs to videos in just 3 steps .
What is Lumen5 ?
Lumen5 is a web-based platform that enables users to create video content for marketing and other purposes. It provides a simple drag-and-drop interface, a library of stock media, and AI-powered tools to help create videos quickly and easily, without the need for prior video production experience.
How to use Lumen5 ?
- First you need to create an account on Lumen5 . You can create an account using your email or you can use your google account to create an account .
- After creating an account you need to login to your account .
- It will open a page where you can create a new video . You can also see your previous videos . it is a dashboard page where you can also see analytics of your videos .
- Click on "New Video " as shown in the image below .
- It will open a new page were there are several video templates . You can choose any template you want . I have chosen the first template .Or else you can skip this step and click on "Skip" as shown in the image below .
- You can also choose preview video to see how your video will look like . and click on "Use this template" as shown in the image below . It also has option to choose different Formats like 16:9 , 9:16 , 1:1 etc .You can choose any format you want . I have chosen 16:9 which is optimal for Instagram ,whatspp stories etc .
- After some loading , it will open a editor or creator panel which has all the features needed for a simple video editing as shown in the image below .
- Now for the important part we re all here . In the above screenshot we can see a text box which says "Paste a URL to your blog/article" . You can copy your blog link and paste it in that text box . I will choose my latest blog post link . You can paste your blog link here . Then click on "Import" .Wait for some time it will take some time to load your blog .
- You can then choose either A.I to generate the video content or whether you need all sentences to be in video .Here I chose "Use A.I to generate summary" . You can also choose "Use all sentences in video" . Then you can click on "Convert to Video" .It will take some time to generate the video content . After that you can see the video content in the editor panel as shown in the image below .
- You can click on "Preview" button to quick check the video. If want to change any text or change any template you can do it in editor panel. Also you can change templates.
- To Save the edited video we can click on "Publish" button . It will take some time to render your video . After some time you can download that video and post it anywhere you want .
Features of Lumen5
Drag-and-drop interface: A user-friendly interface that makes it easy to create videos with no prior video production experience.
Media library: A large library of stock media, including images, videos, music, and more, to help users create their videos.
AI-powered tools: Lumen5 uses artificial intelligence to help users create videos faster and more efficiently, including auto-suggestions for scene transitions and auto-captioning for videos.
Video templates: A range of pre-designed video templates that can be customized to meet individual needs.
Branding options: Customizable branding options, including the ability to add logos, watermarks, and custom colors.
Video hosting: The ability to host videos directly on the Lumen5 platform, or to embed them on other websites.
Analytics and insights: In-depth analytics and insights to help users measure the success of their video campaigns.
Ok Guys it's been great writing this. Let's meet in the comment for casual talk or even suggestions.
Note: Not a Sponsored post 😂.
Follow me on Github :Varshithvhegde
Top comments (2)
It's a nice tool, but I feel like watching some video made on a phone just to fill out the blank space of a landing page.
😅yeah but i think it may be improved in the future.