So, What is what you look for in a web browser?
What are the features you want/need?
I kind of want to explore UWP/Electron to create a prototype of a web browser, leveraging the fact that either chromium and chakra are two great capable engines
and I'd like to see if
I don'get bored I can do some stuff,
and in the case of Electron you can find many here
but this is a good example also
- Built-in ad-block Browse the web without any ads.
- Beautiful and minimalistic UI The tabs and address bar are located in the same toolbar to take less space.
- Tab groups Easily group tabs to tab groups and access them very fast.
- Expanded new tab page Have all information such as news, weather or currency in only one page!
- Partial support for Chrome extensions Install some extensions from Chrome Web Store (see https://github.com/wexond/wexond/issues/110)
All binaries are located in the Releases page.
We still have a lot of things to do, to make Wexond better and better. This is just a beginning. So to improve our web browser we have created a roadmap so that you can see the next features and improvements.
There is a lot of…
please share your features, questions and comments!
in any case, I will report back my experiences on working with such platforms!