This past week has been great to me in regards to coding. The reason being is because not only have I been learning a lot, but I felt the results of all the work that I have been putting in.
My goal is to get a job as a blockchain developer and as I have been working towards this goal, in the beginning it did not feel like I was getting anywhere. I just felt that I had all of this stuff to learn and I was drowning in it. Anyone who is involved in this space knows that you have a ton to learn and new protocols are created all the time. Honestly, I love that the technology is fast paced, but when you are learning to be developer it is a lot of information to take in.
This past week was special because things really are clicking. I have read blog post and tweets about this feeling, but to actually feel it is amazing. Errors that pop up are no longer feeling super foreign. I am understanding the solidity programming language a lot better. It is true being consistent is the key. Having a plan and sticking to it produces results.
Here are some tips if you would like to get better as a developer:
- Create a schedule for yourself and stick to it
- Try to code everyday. Even the days when you get stuck. If you are stuck look up the error on google, reach out to the community. Just do not give up.
- Document certain processes while you code
- Join a community
- Its okay to take breaks. A fresh pair of eyes is better than drained ones.
- Build things!!! This really helps you understand things.
- Have fun!
That is all I have. Have a great day!