instead of a new article, I'd like to share two printable cheatsheets with you.
I hope you'll find these useful.
The first cheatsheet shows a common development workflow when working on a development project. Among these are:
- How to initialize a Git repository
- How to add and remove files from the Git repos
- How to manage code changes over several new features
Get the PDF from my Git repos: https://github.com/tq-bit/dev-cheatsheets/blob/main/q-bit_cheatsheets_git_and_github_I.pdf
The second cheatsheet shows you a common, distributed development pattern and visualizes how several maintainers work on the same codebase.
It attempts to answer the questions about:
- How does a pull request work?
- How are local and remote repositories synchronized?
- How to delete a remote branch?
Get the PDF from my Git repos: https://github.com/tq-bit/dev-cheatsheets/blob/main/q-bit_cheatsheets_git_and_github_IGit%20Cheatsheet_II.pdf
Update 19.03.2022: Add new layout for Cheatsheet I