I've been doing several Wordpress sites recently, and I've been using Docker to manage this on my local machine. Over time I made some improvements to the process, and I decided to share my Docker build I use that I find useful. It may not fit everyone's needs, but certainly, to get started with a local build, it works well.
(straight from the repo's readme)
Setup will do the following:
- Build Wordpress Docker container
- Build MySql Docker container
- Downloads the Sage template and install via composer
- Install template dependencies via Yarn
- Compiles assets via Yarn
- Install an SSL Cert
- Get the latest database from the remote (if not a new build)
- Update database paths
- Get uploads from the live site. (if not a new build)
I hope this helps.