In this tutorial, I will show you how to build a React Redux example to with API calls to consume Rest API by a CRUD Application. You also can display and modify data with Router, Axios & Bootstrap.
Full Article: https://bezkoder.com/react-redux-crud-example/
Overview of React Redux example with API calls
We will build a React Redux Tutorial Application with API calls in that:
- Each Tutorial has id, title, description, published status.
- We can create, retrieve, update, delete Tutorials.
- There is a Search bar for finding Tutorials by title.
Here are screenshots of our React Redux CRUD Application.
- Create an item:
- Retrieve all items:
- Click on Edit button to update an item:
On this Page, you can:
- change status to Published using Publish button
- delete the item using Delete button
- update the item details with Update button
- Search Tutorials by title:
- Redux Store:
This React Client consumes the following Web API:
|POST||/api/tutorials||create new Tutorial|
|GET||/api/tutorials||retrieve all Tutorials|
|GET||/api/tutorials/:id||retrieve a Tutorial by
|PUT||/api/tutorials/:id||update a Tutorial by
|DELETE||/api/tutorials/:id||delete a Tutorial by
|DELETE||/api/tutorials||delete all Tutorials|
|GET||/api/tutorials?title=[keyword]||find all Tutorials which title contains
You can find step by step to build a Server like this in one of these posts:
- Express, Sequelize & MySQL
- Express, Sequelize & PostgreSQL
- Express & MongoDb
- Spring Boot & MySQL
- Spring Boot & PostgreSQL
- Spring Boot & MongoDB
- Spring Boot & H2
- Spring Boot & Cassandra
- Django & MySQL
- Django & PostgreSQL
- Django & MongoDB
React Redux App Component Diagram with Router & Axios
Now look at the React components that we're gonna implement:
App component is a container with React
Router. It has
navbar that links to routes paths.
– Three components that dispatch actions to
Redux Thunk Middleware which uses
TutorialDataService to call Rest API.
TutorialsListcomponent gets and displays Tutorials.
Tutorialcomponent has form for editing Tutorial's details based on
AddTutorialcomponent has form for submission new Tutorial.
axios to make HTTP requests and receive responses.
React Redux with API Calls example
This diagram shows how Redux elements work in our React Application:
We're gonna create Redux
store for storing
tutorials data. Other React Components will work with the Store via dispatching an
reducer will take the action and return new
- React 17/16
- react-redux 7.2.3
- redux 4.0.5
- redux-thunk 2.3.0
- react-router-dom 5.2.0
- axios 0.21.1
- bootstrap 4
I'm gonna explain it briefly.
package.json contains main modules:
Appis the container that has
- There are 3 components:
- http-common.js initializes axios with HTTP base Url and headers.
TutorialDataServicehas methods for sending HTTP requests to the Apis.
- .env configures port for this React CRUD App.
About Redux elements that we're gonna use:
- actions folder contains the action creator (tutorials.js for CRUD operations and searching).
- reducers folder contains the reducer (tutorials.js) which updates the application state corresponding to dispatched action.
More steps and Github source code at:
Or you can add Pagination Component:
React Pagination with API using Material-UI