Time to celebrate!
Today marks my two-year anniversary on dev.to! With a total of 52 published posts, that's roughly one every two weeks!
And what better way to celebrate than with "Dance Dance Revolution"? The game's rules are explained quickly:
- Boxes come down four different lanes from the top
- As soon as the lanes hit a scoring zone (or even better: the green sweet-spot!), you need to press the correct arrow key to score points
- Any non-correct key-press (or too early or too late) will cost you one of 10 lives
Some disclaimers, though:
- The code is by far not the cleanest!
- The music is royalty-free
- Sometimes, the arrow icons take a few seconds to load
- Wait for all the arrows to disappear before starting a new game. It might deduct lives upfront otherwise
This clone is best played on a computer with a keyboard and in a separate window.
What's your high score? Leave a comment down below!
I hope you enjoyed reading this article as much as I enjoyed writing it! If so, leave a ❤️ or a 🦄! I write tech articles in my free time and like to drink coffee every once in a while.